At Parker and Crowther we are proud to offer surgery.
We perform most of our routine surgeries at each of branches.
If a surgery requires imaging, or is more advanced we may ask you to travel to dedicated theatre at our Daleside branch.
- Routine neutering (castration, spay) of dogs, cats and rabbits
- Non routine neutering for undescended testicles
- Soft tissue surgery such as skin biopsies, gut, bladder surgery
- Eye removal (enucleation)
- Ear cleaning
- Dentals (tooth extractions).
- Simple hernia repair
Here are some useful information relating to what to expect when you come for surgery at P & C, and some general post operative advice.
We also offer Orthopaedic surgery. Our senior Vet Philip Lauder performs
- Simple fracture repairs
- Cruciate surgery (see Phil’s cruciate leaflet for more information (add link to download a pdf) , or better still speak to Phil.)
- (lateral suture, Tibial tuberosity Transposition (TTA), Cranial Wedge Tibal levelling plateau osteotomy (CCWO)
- Luxating Patella surgery
- Femoral Neck Head Osteotomy (FNHE)
In addition Philip Lauder has experience with total ear canal ablation, perineal hernia repair, corneal graft (to repair deep corneal ulcers).
If your pet requires a certain type of surgery or you have ANY question relating to a surgery please feel free to ask any of our team and we will be happy to help.